Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Homemade Pizza Dough

This one is just easy and fun.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tbsp yeast
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbs vegetable oil
4 cups flour (use about 3 3/4 cups and save the last 1/4 cup to roll out dough)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder (I just shake it once)

Add all ingredients in that order as fast as you can. Put the dough hook on your Kitchen Aid and let it run for about 2 minutes. Then turn it off and leave it alone until it doubles in size...as little as 20 minutes. Divide the dough in half and roll out onto flour. Place unto pan sprayed with Pam. Cook at 475 for 10-12 minutes. The trick is to pre-cook each pizza for about 5-6 minutes without toppings. That way you can either freeze the pizza crust for later, or once you toppings on, it only needs to cook another 5-6 minutes.
I like to make pizza when my family comes over. I prepare all kinds of different toppings, and my little sister Melissa is the creator. Today, I was lazy and only had pepperoni and canadian bacon/pineapple.

No comments: