Friday, July 18, 2008

Fresh Peach Pie

Not my original, but I don't know who!
About 5 years ago, the company I worked for took us to breakfast. We went to Marie Calendar's in Utah. My friend and I had fresh peach pie and it was SO good! A couple weeks later she emailed me a recipe. I have no idea where she found it, but it is AWESOME! When I was pregnant, I would eat the entire pie (all by myself) in less than 48 hours...it's fruit, so it's perfect for any meal, right? :)
Ingredients:
5 large ripe peaches
1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup splenda, 1/2 cup sugar)
3 tbsp constarch
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla (recipe calls for almond flavoring)
2 tbsp butter (I use low fat)
Frozen pie shell

Bake 1 pie shell per instructions. Mix together the sugar and corn starch (make sure to blend corn starch in completely). While to pie shell is cooking, slice 3 large peaches and set aside. Mash 2 more peaches with a fork and combine with the following in a small saucepan: mashed peaches, sugar, cornstarch, water. Cook for 5 minutes, until it boils. Add the vanilla and butter. Stir until the butter is melted and the consistency is thick and gluey. Place the sliced peaches in the pie shell. Pour the mixture over the top, let it get in every nook and cranny. Chill in the refrigerator. The longer it chills, the better it tastes!

No comments: