Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Twice Baked Potatoes

Recipe From: My Mom
Everytime my family gets together to grill steaks, Blake insists on these. I don't think they are worth the trouble, but whatever. This was the first time I made them, and they weren't as good as when my mom does it. I never really measure, so that could be my problem.
Ingredients:

4 large baking potatoes
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 tbsp fresh chives (chopped)

Heat oven to 375. Scrub potatoes and pierce them several times with a fork to allow steam to escape while they bake. DO NOT WRAP IN TINFOIL. Bake 1 hour+ or until potatoes feel tender. When they are cool enough to handle, cut lengthwise in half. Scoop out inside, leaving thin shell. Mash potatoes with electric mixer on low speed until no lumps remain. Add milk in small amounts and mix until smooth and fluffy. Add butter, salt and pepper. Beat until potatoes are light and fluffy. Stir in cheese and chives. Fill potatoe shells with mashed potatoe mixture. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

No comments: