Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yickies

Recipe From: Grandma Jones
I have been eating these cookies for as long as I can remember loving chocolate. I've seen a million different recipes, calling them a million different names. I can't live without them. Period.
Ingredients:

2 cups sugar (I use half splenda)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cube butter (I use light butter)
3 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oats

Optional Ingredients:

heath bar bits
chocolate chips
raisins
walnuts

Combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla and peanut butter. Stir until peanut butter is melted. Then add oats. Stir until mixed...add optional ingredients then drop onto tin foil.
It is best to eat them with a spoon when they are still warm. Because I use low fat, low calorie ingredients, they are really gooey and sticky and never really harden. Blake will only eat these with chocolate chips and heath bar bits. My dad always "ruins" them with walnuts and raisins. A million different ways to eat 'em!

No comments: