Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe From: Proffit Family
I've been making these as long as I can remember. The recipe came from my mom's collection. Blake and I eat cookies AT LEAST 2-3 times a week. Now that we are preparing for Costa Rica, we don't indulge nearly enough.
Ingredients:

2 sticks butter (I use Blue Bonnet...have no idea why!)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla, baking soda, baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
1/3 to 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix the butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs together until creamy. Combine the remaining ingredients, adding chocolate chips last. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 325 for 14 minutes (so they are soft). Let cool on the cookie sheet. Blake and I only eat a batch at a time, so we put the remaining dough in the freezer, so we can have cookies whenever we want!

No comments: