Thursday, September 4, 2008

BBQ Drumsticks

The recipe I found said to bake it in the oven, but I tried the crockpot. It tasted great, but ended up not really being drumsticks because it just fell right off the bone. I served it basically as a salad and Naan bread...Blake ate it over rice. Sorry, no pics...camera is broken and new one is one the way!

Ingredients:

1 pkg (10) frozen chicken drumsticks
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp onion powder
5 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp mustard
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water

In a small saucepan melt butter and add: onion powder, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Mix well. Dilute ketchup with water and add to sauce mixture. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Dump over drumsticks in crockpot. I never know how long to cook with a crockpot, so I put it on High for 4 hours OR bake at 425 for 45 minutes (covered in 9x13 dish)

No comments: