Friday, January 30, 2009

Pineapple Terriyaki Stirfry

Recipe From:Inspired by HEB marketplace chefs
Yes, I got suckered into buying the $6.99 jar of HEB gourmet sauce. I couldn't help it. I got Chile Lime Sauce & Pineapple Terriyaki Sauce both for $6.99. Come to find out the only ingredients in PT sauce are: soy sauce, pineapple concentrate, sugar, garlic & ginger...even I can do that! Next time, I'll be all the wiser. I cleaned out the fridge and found all kinds of great veggies for this stir fry.
Ingredients:
1/2 bottle Pineapple Terriyaki Sauce (or see below)
1 chicken breast (thinly sliced)
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1 bunch broccoli
1/2 red onion
1 can waterchestnuts

Saute chicken in about a 1/4 cup sauce. Add onions, zucchini, squash, broccoli and water chestnuts. Cook until veggies are crisp tender. Serve over steamed rice.

Pineapple Terriyaki Sauce
compliments of Amy Griffeth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup sugar or splenda


No comments: